2016 was a very exciting year for USA’s auto sector and the situation is only going to improve as we enter a brand new year. There are a number of cars and updates that are going to be launched in the coming months, so here’s a list of what to expect.
Note: Only the more interesting ones have been added to this list. Please report any corrections or cars that we may have missed out.
2017: The Acura MDX receives mild updates for 2017 but the rest of their portfolio remains mostly unchanged.
2018: Two Acura cars to look forward to are 2018 Acura NSX Type R and 2018 Acura TLX.
- The NSX Type R is a more aggressive sibling , having a sportier body kit and more power.
- The TLX sedan in its 2018 edition will have an updated front fascia and more features.
2017: The BMW –series fighting Alfa Romeo Giulia is the manufacturer’s prime offering for 2017. It is available in 2 engine options, a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder for base and TTI trims while the Quadrifoglio offers 505 horses from a 2.9-liter V-6.
2018: The Alfa Romeo Stelvio and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio are the ones to look forward to. Expect launch in 1st half of 2017.
2017: Aston Martin’s DB11 is probably their most notable addition for 2017.
2018: By late 2017 we should see an all new Vantage V8 debut, based on a shortened version of the DB11’s Aluminium platform and powered by a Mercedes-AMG sourced twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8.
2017: The 2017 Audi A8 and Audi Q7 debuts with quite a bit of exterior and interior changes.
- The new Audi A8 gets subtle design changes, especially on the front fasica. Features have improved as well and the car gets a an all-new turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6, mated to a ZF eight-speed automatic (only)
- Audi Q7 also receive fair bit of mechanical and cosmetic updates for 2017, along with more features. The 3.0L Diesel engine is now no more (you know why) but Audi is prepping up an SQ7 model with a 435 hp producing 4.0-liter diesel V-8 using two conventional turbochargers as well as an electric-powered supercharger, in its absence.
2018: New 2018 models from Audi include Audi A5 and S5, both of which were showcased in Los Angeles along with a 2018 TT RS and a Q5 facelift.
2017: The 2017 Bentley Bentayga debuts. Dubbed as the “World’s Fastest SUV” it costs $235,525 in the USA with wide range of options available.
Their other cars like Continental GT and Flying Spur gets slight updates as well.
2018: The 2018 Bentley GT and GTC should debut in Geneva this year. It will debut is USA as a 2018 model sometime later this year.
2017: For 2017 model year BMW debuts their hybrid i3, updated X4 and the new generation 5-series.
2018: Cars to look out for include 2018 BMW X7, redesigned BMW X5, mildly updated 4 series, 2018 3-series and a big, bold 8–Series luxury 2–seater sedan.
- The 2018 X7 will be based on cluster architecture (CLAR) and will have a restyled exterior and more space on the inside.
- Based on the 7-series’ platform, the 2018 8-series will be the German manufacturer’s flagship coupe and is based on BMW’s 2014 Vision Future Luxury concept.
2017: For 2017 the Buick LaCrosse gets a full redesign while other models including Envision and Ecore gets mild updates.
2018: Hot new 2018 Buick Regal and Regal Wagon
2018: 2018 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V, CT6 and CT-8
2017: Most of Chevrolet’s cars get mild or thorough update for 2017.
- 2017 Chevy Colarado gets GM’s new 3.6-liter V-6, now paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission
- The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze is updated with new exterior more features and fresh engine options.
- Slight changes including a power boost is expected on the Silverado 2500/3500 HD.
2018: 2018 Chevy Traverse and Equinox
- The new Chevy Traverse will not be downsized in its 2018 model but has been made lighter by 300lb.
- Unlike the Traverse, the 2018 Equinox will be slightly smaller in dimension
2017: Chrysler’s Town and Country mini-van is replaced by the Pacifica.
2018- The 2018 Chrysler 300 is rumored to debut.
2017: Dodge’s Viper, Challenger and Charger has been updated for 2017.
2018– Biggest news for is a wide body SRT hellcat titled 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, that is rumored to debut in the upcoming Fast and Furious movie. The Dodge RAM will get a fresh new face it is 2018 model as well.
2017: The 2017 Ferrari GTC4Lusso replaces the Ferrari FF.
2018: Ferrari F12 M and Ferrari Dino
- Both cars where spotted testing and should be launched as 2018 models in USA
2017: Fiat 124 Spider is the biggest addition to the line-up
2018: 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth, 2018 Fiat 500L and 500X facelift
2017: Facelifts for Escape, Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, F-Series Super Duty are provided along with couple of minor updates for their other cars.
- Ford Escape gets a thorough facelift with both front and rear being restyled. More features are also provided
- The 2017 Ford GT also goes in to production
2018: 2018 Ford Mustang, Fiesta, Ford Ecosport, 2018 Ford F-150, 2018 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford Ranger and 2018 Ford Expedition
- The 2018 Ford Mustang gets an updated styling and more power, along with other changes
- The 2018 Ford F-150 adds diesel to the list of powertrains along with an updated styling
- Ford will revive the Bronco in 2018
- The 2019 Ford Range is expected to launch late 2018
- The new Ecosport is expected to be launched
2017: The Genesis G80 gets updated features and the G introduced
2018: 2018 Genesis G80 3.3T Sport, Genesis G70
2017: The 2017 GMC Acadia receives comprehensive updates for 2017. The car shares its platform with Cadillac’s XT5. Also their 2017 GMC Sierra 2500/3500HD slight cosmetic updates and optional Diesel
2018– 2018 GMC Terrain
- The 2018 GMC Terrain receives a bolder nose and rounded design. A new turbo-diesel engine will be added to its line-up
2017: The Honda Accord Hybrid and Ridgeline comes back after a slight hiatus
2018– 2018 Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey, 2018 Honda CR-V
- The Honda Accord 2018 will have a much sleeker design, more features but may lose out on some engine options while adding new ones.
- The 2018 Honda Odyssey should launch on spring 2017. It not only promises more power and refinement but also better interior with more electronic wizardry.
- 2018 Honda CR-V was announced recently and was spotted testing.
2017: The 2017 Hyundai Elantra gets a gorgeous facelift as well as the Santa Fe.
2018: Some cars to look forward to include 2018 Hyundai Ioniq plugin hybrid, Hyundai Azera, Hyundai Sonata, Santa Cruz and a small crossover.
- The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq plugin hybrid will be one of the 3 Ioniq models to be made available in USA, launch likely next summer
- The 2018 Hyundai Azera will be completely restyled and its powertrain options will be updated.
- Hyundai is also working a new small crossover for 2018 model year and it was spotted on tests.
- The 2018 Santa Cruz pick up is not confirmed but expected for 2018.
2017: Infiniti Q5 2017, Q60, QX30
- The 2017 Infiniti Q5 gets a trio of new turbo engine options
2018: New cars in model year 2018 include Infiniti Q100, QX50 2018 and QX70 2018
- We might see the new Q100 by early 2018, for a price starting from $150,000
- The 2018 QX70 will be completely restyled and will be based on the QX70 Sport concept
2017: Sales commence of the manufacturer’s first SUV ‘F-Pace’ and their 3–series competitor XE. Their existing F-Type and XF gets updated as well.
2018: 2018 Jaguar F-Type, Jaguar E-Pace and Jaguar XK
- The F-Type 2018 gets slight exterior refresh and new interior tech
- The2018 Jaguar E-Pace is a smaller version of their E-pace and will rest on a version of the D platform
- 2018 Jag XK is still a rumour at the moment
2017: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk variant, new Jeep Compass
- The 2017 Jeep Compass replaces the existing Compass and Patriot
2018: 2018 Jeep Wrangler, Jeep MG-526 (Ford Ecosport rival)
- The Jeep Wrangler is possibly the most awaited 2018 model and will see a complete redesign of the iconic model.
- A smaller Ford Ecosport rival is currently in works by Jeep, based on the renegade’s styling